Diversity & Inclusion
As a global organization, DTCC’s workforce is multi-cultural and multi-lingual. As a result, we harness the power of inclusion to our strategic advantage. Embracing the similarities and differences in our employees – worldwide – enhances our ability to innovate, create and continuously evolve.
To ensure that diversity and inclusion remains a core company focus, DTCC’s Global Diversity and Inclusion Council – a cross-functional, multi-cultural and multi-generational team – supports DTCC’s efforts to fully integrate diversity and inclusion into all aspects of our business.
Our Strategic Pillars for Diversity & Inclusion are:
- Workplace (business, policy, culture)
We have a proactive, progressive, collaborative and supportive corporate environment that strengthens our core and fosters innovation today and for the future.
- Workforce (recruit, develop, retain, advance )
We are committed to growing a globally diverse workforce that is fully empowered to contribute to the success of the organization
- Marketplace (branding and visibility, supplier diversity, corporate social responsibility)
We lead by example providing thought leadership and innovation to position the financial services industry for tomorrow. We enable and encourage our employees to give back to our communities.
Here are some of the current actions and initiatives at DTCC that reflect our culture:
- The DTCC Leadership Awards for Diversity & Inclusion are presented annually to individuals or teams whose actions help shape DTCC’s culture and work environment.
“These awards recognize people who have made a difference in changing attitudes and behaviors; in creating awareness of essential issues; and in promoting fair and equal corporate policies. The impact of these efforts cannot be underestimated. Diversity is a key driver of innovation, and a critical component of DTCC’s success on a global scale". – Mike Bodson, President and CEO
- 100,000 Jobs Mission – DTCC has joined a coalition of major corporations committed to hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. The newly formed Veterans employee network at DTCC plays a significant role in our recruitment efforts.
“DTCC was very supportive when I was deployed to Iraq in 2010. The company maintained medical insurance for my family, and my colleagues sent me care packages while I was away. My career track was never in question. Last year, after we joined the 100,000 Jobs Mission, it seemed like a natural progression to create the [Veteran’s employee network]. If we’re going to aggressively recruit veterans, we need to make sure that we properly assimilate them and leverage their talent.” – Nashid Salahuddin, Director of Human Resources
- Taking a Stand Against Discriminatory Provisions in the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) – To reinforce the company’s commitment to the fair treatment of all employees, DTCC joined more than 200 companies in signing an amicus—that is, friend of the court—brief recommending that the U.S. Supreme Court overturn discriminatory and burdensome sections of the Defense of Marriage Act.
- Business Professional Networks
The seven Business Professional Networks (BPNs) at DTCC foster an environment that respects and values diversity and inclusion. In addition to providing opportunities for professional and personal development, the BPNs play an important role in working with senior leadership to address workforce policies and serve as a resource for innovative solutions to advance the company’s business objectives. Our current networks are:
- Asian BPN
- Black BPN
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Ally (LGBTA) BPN
- START (Supporting Training, Advancement and Recruitment/Retention of Talent) BPN
- Unidos BPN
- Veterans’ BPN
- WINS (Women’s Initiative for Networking and Success) BPN
DTCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.