This site will provide you with a comprehensive guide to the GTR and EMIR reporting. But if you want to get started now and join the GTR, please click Sign Up to go directly to your onboarding options.
DTCC Derivatives Repository Plc (a UK company) is dedicated to bringing greater transparency, and resultant risk mitigation, along with cost efficiency to the global OTC derivatives market. Through the DTCC GTR, any customers with EMIR (European Markets Infrastructure Regulation) reporting requirements can achieve efficient and cost-effective compliance with these evolving regulations.
In Europe, the EMIR regulation was published in the Official Journal of the European Union on 27 July 2012. EMIR came into force 20 days after its publication (i.e. on 16 August 2012). As EMIR is a Regulation it is directly applicable in all EU Member States. This means that no national measures are required to implement its requirements. ESMA (European Securities and Markets Authority) published their Technical and Regulatory standards for EMIR on the 27th September.
DTCC Derivatives Repository Plc applied for approval as a Trade Repository under ESMA on the 15th March 2013, which was the first day an application could be made. DTCC GTR Services delivers to market participants a robust automated regulatory reporting solution both OTC Derivatives and Exchange Traded Derivatives (ETD) for both cleared and un cleared contracts. To align with current EMIR regulations, the GTR will support the submission of multiple messages for Common Data, Counterparty date, Valuations and Collateral as well as backload submissions of historical records.
More information on EMIR can be found on ESMA website - http://www.esma.europa.eu/
- Single interface for Global Regulatory Reporting.
- All Asset Classes supported for both OTC and ETD – Credit, Rates, Equities, FX and Commodities.
- Trade submissions can be accepted directly from firms or through a third-party services provider. Several formats are supported, including CSV, WebServices, FpML, and sFTP.
- Multiple delegation methods supported for both Counterparty and third party delegation.
- Connectivity to all major regulators including ESMA as well as to a 27 National Competent authorities through global “regulator portal.”
- Rules-based Regulator access to positions.
- Replication to local Regulators where required.
- Significantly reduces cost burden for market participants to comply – build to one hub and data can be disseminated to appropriate regulatory authorities.
The Global Trade Repository service provides open access to third-party providers to promote efficient reporting processes. This includes:
- Organised Trading Facilities (OTF)
- Central Counterparties (CCP)
- Confirmation Providers
- Middleware Providers
for more information
For additional information on DTCC's Global Trade Repository services, please contact our Global Trade Repository Account Management team at GTR-EMEA@dtcc.com.
For membership and onboarding, please contact GTR-Onboarding@dtcc.com