Omgeo Central Trade Manager (Omgeo CTM) is our strategic platform for the central matching of cross-border and domestic transactions automating the trade confirmation process across multiple asset classes, such as equities, fixed income, repurchase agreements (repos), exchange traded derivatives and synthetic equity swaps.
Omgeo CTM provides seamless connectivity from trade execution to settlement, including direct connectivity via FIX from front office to middle office trade processing as well as via the SWIFT network to a full community of custodian banks for the purposes of settlement notification. And, when used in conjunction with Omgeo ALERT, you can automatically enrich trades with account and standing settlement instructions (SSI), ensuring all account information is accurate.
- Omgeo CTM is an industry owned and governed solution
- High transparency and consistency for your post-trade processes
- Connecting to Omgeo CTM means connecting to almost 2000 counterparties in 52 countries
- Support of multiple asset classes on one platform, such as Equities, Fixed Income, Repurchase Agreements (Repos), Synthetic Equity Swaps and Exchange Traded Derivatives
- Incorporation of industry best practices, such as SMPG, AFME, ISITC and user community best practices
- Improved regulatory compliance and risk management
- Direct links to depositories in Canada (CDS), in Chile (DCV), in Korea (KSD) and in the US (DTC)
- Exempt clearing agency status for the central matching of trades in the US
Who Can use the service
Omgeo CTM helps buy side firms – including investment managers, hedge funds, private banks or outsourcers – and broker/dealers to efficiently match and confirm trade details, to increase transparency and to mitigate risk. It also allows trading parties to send settlement notifications or copies for information to custodians and other third parties to achieve straight-through processing.
How it Works
With the Omgeo CTM workflow matching happens on both blocks and allocations/contracts. A block level workflow allows investment managers and broker/dealers to tie trades back upstream providing better parity between front and back office systems. Investment managers can submit a block and then submit allocations against the block. Broker/dealers submit a block and corresponding contracts. For matched trades Omgeo CTM will send status updates to both counterparties. If no match is found for a trade, an exception occurs. Each counterparty is then automatically updated on a change in the trade status and given the possibility to amend the trade in order to enable matching or to cancel it. This allows to catch trade exceptions prior to settlement, saving valuable time and helping to reduce costs.
- FOW Awards for Asia, 2015 Best New Technology Product – Post Trade Reconciliation