Applications & Premium (APP) transmits annuity application and initial premium information from distributors to insurance carriers. The service provides an efficient, straight-through process for validating, formatting and submitting annuity applications and initial premium payments while incorporating same-day money settlement.
WHO CAN USE THE SERVICE
Applications & Premium (APP) is available to firms that are members of DTCC’s National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC). Click here for information on how to become a member of NSCC.
With APP, customers can:
- Settle money the same day for annuity applications and initial premium payments.
- Automate reconciliation of receipts and payments; eliminate checks and wire transfers and their associated costs.
- Achieve a higher percentage of “in-good-order” business by reducing the number of data-entry errors and minimizing paper applications and supporting documents that are incomplete or deficient.
- Simplify and streamline the sales process and lower costs by reducing paper and manual processing so that distributors can focus on creating new business opportunities and servicing customers.
- Improve turnaround time for issuing annuity contracts, to one day in many cases.
- Secure confidential data through DTCC’s Securely Managed and Reliable Technology (SMART) network, which provides centralized, end-to-end managed communications for all post-trade clearance and settlement processing.
HOW THE SERVICE WORKS
Using a mainframe or Internet connection, distributors electronically send application and premium information to NSCC, which then routes the applications and payments to insurance carriers and settles the premium.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please contact Insurance & Retirement Services at 1-888-382-2721. E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.