In December, DTCC hosted Congressman Spencer Bachus (R-AL), chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, for a demonstration of the Trade Information Warehouse’s regulator portal and a briefing on the company’s top public policy issues.
Bachus was the second committee chair to visit DTCC in as many months – Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI), chairman of the Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition and Forestry, visited DTCC in October for a briefing on the indemnification provision of Dodd-Frank and the “vertical bundling” of mandated regulatory services.
Bachus’ visit concluded a busy year of Congressional outreach for DTCC. The steady stream of visitors has given the company the opportunity to share its views and expertise on issues of importance to the industry, most notably those related to Dodd-Frank and international financial regulatory reform.
Regulatory policymakers, Congressional lawmakers and staff who visited DTCC in 2011 are:
- Chairman Gary Gensler, Commodity Futures Trading Commission •
- Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL) •
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) •
- Rep. Jack Kingston (R-GA) •
- Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-TX) •
- Rep. Ed Royce (R-CA) •
- Rep. Steve Stivers (R-OH) •
- Sen. Debbie Stabenow (D-MI) •
- Staff from the Office of Senator Richard Shelby (R-AL)