As background for legislators, regulators and members of the media who wanted to have a better understanding of DTCC's role in the Greek credit default swap restructuring, DTCC put together a two-page primer, "Greek Sovereign Debt Restructuring, CDS Payouts and the Role of DTCC's Trade Information Warehouse."
The Q&A format answers the following questions.
- What is the DTCC Trade Information Warehouse?
- What is a restructuring versus a default event?
- What is ISDA's role in a restructuring event?
- What is a CDS restructuring auction?
- What is the role of the DTCC Trade Information Warehouse in the restructuring auction process?
- Has the Trade Information Warehouse been involved in other credit events?
To receive an e-version of the report, email email@example.com.