The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation’s (DTCC) new Client Support phone platform provides a simplified, integrated, and robust system that enables callers to quickly access the right people providing support for DTCC’s products and services.
Callers will notice the changes on their first call. In addition to the new voice providing a greeting and prompts, all options were reorganized by products and services to deliver a more intuitive experience. All DTCC product and service offerings are represented in the new menu.
The impetus for the redesign of the Client Support menu came from clients themselves, through a survey done leading up to the project that identified difficulties navigating the former system. The project was an opportunity to consolidate legacy phone systems, improve security and take advantage of updated technology to include modern features and options.
Benefits for Clients
The new Client Support phone menu offers a host of benefits that will make it easier for clients to reach the right support resource sooner to resolve their needs quickly and efficiently. New benefits include:
- More business-specific options to direct callers to the appropriate support staff for their products quickly. In most cases, this means speaking to the right support person in just one or two steps.
- For clients with existing inquiries about some products, the system now recognizes contact information and joins it with case histories, so the support center has the necessary information available when they answer the call.
- The option to enter a case number at the start of the call. This connects callers to experienced support team members who have case notes and history available at their fingertips, saving time and effort for the client.
- An automated call back option to have the next available support engineer return the call without losing the spot in the queue.
- The option to leave a voicemail that will be delivered directly to the next available support engineer most skilled in the relevant topics, based on the menu selections made during the call.
DTCC has also redesigned the DTCC.com Client Center to include product-specific contact information and resources. Each product listing now includes hours of operation, a list of the hotlines available and one-click client support links.
The changes may seem simple, but they reflect an extensive, company-wide effort to improve service. There were many considerations in this project, explained Doris Jurisson, Executive Director of Digital Client Experience. It was important to find the right technology platform that would meet DTCC’s requirements, integrate with existing tools and deliver the features and functionality to support delivery of an exceptional client experience, she said.
Amid all of the changes, some things remained the same. The phone numbers and hotline numbers are all the same as are the relationship managers.
“This project brought together DTCC leaders from across the globe to create a more seamless service for our clients,” said Donna Pryce, Director, Sales and Solutions Delivery/Relationship Management “The changes make a lot of sense and will enable us to provide our clients with excellent customer service resulting in extremely satisfied clients.”
For a complete look at the new phone menu options, you can download the Quick Reference Guide.