DTCC hosted its 18th annual Global Tax Forum, an interactive exchange of ideas and industry information, on Friday, April 28.
With almost 150 clients in attendance, participants heard presentations and panels from various tax experts representing a wide range of industry organizations, such as banks and leading tax information services.
DTCC also presented a demonstration of its newest tax product, Tax Event Announcements, and specifically, a pilot of the 305(c) Announcements Service. The 305(c) Announcement Service, which sources tax information directly from issuers, helps firms meet their obligations for tax withholding and reporting under section 305(c) of the Internal Revenue Code. The new service is currently in a production pilot phase, with plans for a full-service offering to be rolled out later this year.
Other presentations included:
- Panel discussion on 305(c) processing
- Update on foreign tax relief
- Review of 871(m) regulations
- Panel on 871(m) implementation challenges
- The half-day program was held at the Convene Conference Center in lower Manhattan.