DTCC Insurance Profile enables annuities distributors to access expense, fee and commission schedule data from carriers in a central location, bringing transparency and standardization to their processes.
DTCC created Insurance Profile to help the annuities marketplace meet greater demands for data transparency from their investors. It is the only service of its kind designed to facilitate the collection and dissemination of fiduciary-related data – a capability that can differentiate firms from competitors and drive investor satisfaction.
With Insurance Profile, carriers can submit and maintain standardized expense, fee and commission schedule data. DTCC then validates the data and stores it in the centralized Insurance Profile repository for easy retrieval by distributors. The service replaces cumbersome data-exchange processes that vary from firm to firm with a standardized and automated exchange. It streamlines everyday transactions and gives users the transparency they need to keep up in today’s market.
DTCC’s Insurance & Retirement Services collaborated with over 60 firms from across the insurance industry to develop a solution that addresses the unique back-office challenges of the annuities marketplace.
Insurance Profile is a service offering of DTCC’s National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC) subsidiary.
- Automates carriers’ transmission of expense data, bringing transparency to the contract, feature/rider and fund (subaccount) levels.
- Creates new efficiencies by enabling distributors to pull standardized, ACORD-formatted data from multiple carriers from a single platform – eliminating the need to support and maintain proprietary feeds or databases.
- Eases compliance burdens and associated costs, allowing distributors to gain quick access to updated data, including direct and indirect expense reporting.
- Reduces risk of errors associated with manual data exchange and processing.
- Improves distributor/carrier relationships and advisor and customer satisfaction by speeding data delivery and creating standardized processes.
HOW INSURANCE PROFILE WORKS
*Insurance Profile is accessible via the DTCC Web Portal or batch file delivery.
WHO CAN USE THE SERVICE
DTCC Insurance Profile is available to firms that are members of DTCC’s National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC). Click here for information on how to become a member of NSCC.
For More Information
To request additional information, please click here.