The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) uses social media (including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube) to constructively engage with our community on topics related to financial market infrastructures and post-trade industry issues.
DTCC respects our community and our employees, and users of its social media channels must read and comply with the following Rules of Engagement:
- Please be respectful. Do not post any offensive, abusive, defamatory, misleading, or profane comments to DTCC’s social media accounts. All comments should be directed to DTCC, not to individuals.
- Do not post any spam, solicitations or content that promote commercial interests, campaigns, causes, political views or subject matter unrelated to DTCC.
- The content posted to DTCC’s social media accounts is provided for informational purposes only and should not be viewed as or relied on as investment or financial advice.
- DTCC will never ask you to provide any confidential information on social media. Do not post any information that you consider confidential to any DTCC social media account, including personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, account numbers, phone numbers or e-mail addresses.
- For your safety, we strongly encourage you to avoid opening any third-party hyperlinks posted to platforms unless you trust the source of that post.
Reservation of Rights
DTCC has no obligation to accept, display, monitor, or respond to any content posted to any of its social media accounts but does reserve the right to remove any content as well as suspend or block any activity that, in DTCC’s sole opinion, violates these Rules of Engagement. When appropriate, DTCC may also report violators to the relevant social media operators or law enforcement.
Legal Notices and Disclaimers
DTCC makes no representations with respect to any content posted to our social media accounts and does not guarantee the accuracy, adequacy, completeness, timeliness, usefulness, fitness for a particular use or non-infringement of such content or any third-party product or service. Use of DTCC’s social media accounts is entirely at your own risk. In no event will DTCC be liable for any loss or damages arising from your engagement with its social media accounts. By accessing and using the content available on DTCC’s social media accounts, you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against DTCC and agree to indemnify and hold DTCC (and its parents, affiliates, agents, employees, directors, shareholders and representative and/or licensors), harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to social media activity.
DTCC is private organization and the premier post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. Industry owned and governed for over 45 years, the firm simplifies the complexities of clearing, settlement, asset servicing, data management, data reporting and information services across asset classes, bringing increased security and soundness to financial markets.
What DTCC Does
From 21 locations around the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers.
*Note: DTCC is not involved in the pre-trade, trade/execution or price discovery areas of the trading lifecycle. DTCC’s role is to step in after the trade is executed and agreed, at the conclusion of the process, to finalize details on behalf of our members and to settle transactions. This is known as the post-trade process.
To learn more on DTCC and our history, read this recently published book on our role in the industry.