DTCC APPROVED AS A CANADIAN TRADE REPOSITORY AND SUPPORTS REPORTING OF ALL ASSET CLASSES AND TRADES
DTCC is dedicated to bringing greater transparency, and resultant risk mitigation, along with cost efficiency to the global derivatives market. Through the DTCC’s Global Trade Repository (GTR) any customers with Canadian reporting requirements can achieve efficient and cost-effective compliance.
Canadian derivatives are regulated at the provincial level. GTR supports all Canadian provinces and territories (Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Nunavut, Northwest Territories, Prince Edward Island, Yukon, Newfoundland and Labrador).
GTR services deliver to market participants a robust automated regulatory reporting solution for derivatives transactions including creation data, life-cycle event reporting, valuation data and public price dissemination.
Reporting is single sided with the derivative dealer most often reporting the trade. In other instances, the counterparties agree as to which counterparty reports the transaction.
Additional information on the model rules can be found on Canadian Securities Administrators website - https://www.securities-administrators.ca/
IN ORDER TO REPORT YOUR TRANSACTIONS TO THE CANADIAN REGULATORS, YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ON-BOARD ONTO GTR.
PLEASE CONTACT GTRfirstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience. Our team will be able to provide you with all the documentation and information required for you to prepare for compliance date.
- Single interface for Global Regulatory Reporting wherever you are in the world. Economies of scale, reduced cost of connectivity.
- All derivative asset classes supported – Credit, Interest rates, Equity, FX and Commodity derivatives.
- Trade submissions can be accepted directly from firms or through a third-party services provider. Several formats are supported, including CSV, WebServices, FpML, and sFTP.
- Multiple delegation methods are supported for counterparty and third party delegation.
- Rules-based Regulator access to positions.
GTR provides open access to third-party providers to promote efficient reporting processes. This includes:
- Organized Trading Facilities (OTF)
- Central Counterparties (CCP)
- Confirmation Providers
- Middleware Providers
For More Information
To request additional information, please click here.