Designed with scalability and flexibility in mind, GTR Americas allows for industry compliance with current obligations and future regulatory initiatives as well. Each asset class can be independently aggregated to provide regulators (and the industry) a clearer and more complete snapshot of the market’s overall risk exposure.
DTCC’s traditional cost pricing model allows users to submit trades to GTR Americas, to fulfill their regulatory reporting obligations under Dodd-Frank in a cost-effective manner. An additional benefit is GTR Americas allows participants to utilize several connectivity choices when interfacing with the repository, including:
- Web-based, csv. upload – usually preferred for small volume users
- Webservices – geared for automation and higher volume users
- FTP and sFTP – batch file processing for higher volume users
- MQ (Message Queue) – FpML submissions – real-time solution for large volume users
- Trade submissions can be accepted directly from firms or through a third-party services provider. Several formats are supported, including FpML, CpML and CSV.
To align with current CFTC regulations, GTR Americas supports the submission of Primary Economic Terms (PET) and valuation data. GTR Americas also provides a mechanism for real-time price reporting. The CFTC regulations can be found at: http://www.cftc.gov/index.htm
GTR Americas provides open access to third-party providers to promote efficient reporting processes – this includes:
- Swap Execution Facilities
- Designated Contract Markets
- Derivatives Clearing Organizations
- Confirmation Providers
- Middleware Providers